Warranty & Care
For more information on our Pacemaker Warranties please click HERE.
These boots have a silicon treatment to protect the leather and the boot has an internal seam sealed waterproof liner, this system works best when the leather is treated regularly. Water damage will affect the life span and fit your boots. We recommend that you use wax or silicon based treatment for conditioning and waterproofing.
Treatment and care of the boots is important from day one, if keeps the leather supple and prevents fibre and stitching from deteriorating. Indicators are when the boots become heavy with excess water and leather starts to lighten in colour. After each use, treat as follows:
- Make sure to clean your boots after use. Use a wet rag, sponge, or soft brush when cleaning
- Let boots dry out of direct sunlight and without the use of artificial heat
- Follow the manufactures instructions
- The dressing should be applied to the leather liberally with a soft cloth or your fingers, dry boots
- After two minutes wipe away excess and allow the boots to stand overnight
These boots are designed as hunting and tramping boots for recreational use. Improper use and con-care may render any warranty invalid. If expedited drying is required, use a boot dryer. Do not heat dry boots with a hairdryer, heater or open flame as doing so can severely damage the product.
NB: Grease, oil, animal fats, dubbin and many spray on formulas should be avoided as they soak away from the surface and through the leather, this can cause the support structure to break down, leather to soften and reduce the insulation properties. Beeswax acts as a sealant and stays on the outer surface of the leather.